One of the major strengths and differentiating characteristics of Abbeyfield homes is the network of volunteers who support and contribute to the sustainability and welfare of them. There are a range of volunteers who contribute to Bradbury Houseincluding trustees, committee members, social visitors, activity centre helpers and financial supporters.
We are always looking to extend the network and would welcome meeting anyone who would like to become involved with the home to determine how they can best use their available time and skills. To help that discovery we support each volunteer and provide regular training for them.
If you have some spare time once a week, once a fortnight or even once a month, we need and will value your help.
- If you enjoy older peoples’ company, can listen, talk and share memories.
- Can bring your daily experiences of life into the home to help stimulate and enliven the resident’s lives
- Would like to befriend our residents and day care visitors .
- Would like to help with word and board games, crosswords and quizzes
- Are computer literate and could help our residents learn to use our computer.
- Have a particular skill you could share
- Would like to escort our residents on mini-bus trips
- Would like to drive our 16 seater mini-bus
- Have some new and stimulating ideas for entertaining our residents
If you would like to know more or would like to talk to someone please click here and we will be in touch.
Return to: Get Involved
Return to: Home